Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: null on 08-02-2005 09:32:58 AM
From what I can tell after some searches on the w3c.org website, VoiceXML does not support "speaker verification" or "biometric authentiaction", although I did find this:

VoiceXML 2.0 and 2.1
The BeVocal Café is a web-based VoiceXML development environment providing a carrier-grade VoiceXML 2.0 (and 1.0) interpreter, and the tools necessary to debug, and test usability of applications. The BeVocal VoiceXML Interpreter features support of the [b:a8a20b06cd]latest W3C Working Draft including many enhancements such as Speaker Verification[/b:a8a20b06cd], Voice Enrollment, XML data, pre-tuned grammars and professional audio.

Can you confirm whether VoiceXML supports speaker verification, or is this more fundamentally a Voice Browser question?

Subject: RE: VoiceXML support for speaker verification
Replied by: null on 08-02-2005 03:33:43 PM
By default, the VoiceXML specification does not define how speaker verification is done. Each browser can choose to support it, typically via the use of the object tag in VoiceXML (I'm pretty sure that is what BeVocal uses).

So it is possible to do in VoiceXML with the right browser and therefore it is possible to do with Audium software. All you would need to do is make an element that produces the appropriate VoiceXML.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links