Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Dean Schulze on 22-03-2013 12:29:57 PM
I'm unable to get a Provider to one node in a CUCM cluster.  The sysadmin wants to know which port is used to get a Provider.  I can't find anything in the docs.
Does anyone know what port is used by JtapiPeer.getProvider()?  I'm using JTAPI v8.5 libraries.
Thanks.

Subject: RE: Which port does JtapiPeer.getProvider() use?
Replied by: Mohan Potluri on 22-03-2013 01:53:42 PM
0xABC for normal connection
0xABD for secure TLS connections

Replied by: Dean Schulze on 22-03-2013 03:00:23 PM
Thanks.  How do I determine which one is used or does that depend on the CUCM setup?

Mohan Potluri:
0xABC for normal connection
0xABD for secure TLS connections

Replied by: David Staudt on 23-03-2013 05:46:32 PM
It takes some effort on the client side to get secure CTI to work, so I would expect the JTAPI app developer to know if the connection is supposed to be secure/unsecure.  If the app developer is you, then I would assume un-secure

Depending on whether the UCM user for the CTI connection has the 'Standard CTI Secure Connection' permission set, UCM allows the provider connection on either 0xABC (un-secure) or 0xABD (secure) only.  Also note that the CTI Manager service must be running on the UCM node in order to support CTI connection.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links