cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
AJChoudhry
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

I have a Cisco IP PHone 8851 with PID: CP-8851-K9 V01 with firmware 12.1.1. I was under that impression that this phone requires MPP firmware to work with third party sip provider such as voip.ms, telzio etc. Can someone advise if with the firmware 12.1.1, it can work with third party provider without using CUCM?

Thanks.

AJ

Comments
Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The phone can work with non-Cisco callmanagers whether it is loaded with Enterprise or 3PCC firmware. 

3PCC can make life "easier" while Enterprise will require some tinkering around.  

There is a way to "convert" the firmware from Enterprise to 3PCC but this is no longer free.  

AJChoudhry
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Leo for your quick reply.

1. When you say "easier", what does that mean? If I keep the Enterprise firmware, would I miss any features when connecting to third-party providers?
  2. In terms of converting to 3PCC, how can it be done and how much will it cost?

Thank you

AJ

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@AJChoudhry wrote:

When you say "easier", what does that mean? If I keep the Enterprise firmware, would I miss any features when connecting to third-party providers?

Unless you've got a proven-ready config, it is a challenge to get a phone with Enterprise firmware to talk to non-Cisco callmanager.

@AJChoudhry wrote:

In terms of converting to 3PCC, how can it be done and how much will it cost?

Cisco Cloud Upgrader  

AJChoudhry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had sip88xx.12-1-1SR1-4 on 8851 and I was able to get it to work with my sip provider. However, I thought of testing the cloud upgrader to go to MPP. I'm now stuck in the transition load with a message "Transition Load authorization not found" and then it says "Only reversion upgrade is authorized. Upgrade in progress." and then again "Transition Load authorization not found"

How can I simply go back to sip88xx.12-1-1SR1-4?

Thanks

AJChoudhry
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 8851 and loaded it with sip88xx.12-8-1-0001-455. It registers with my third party SIP provider but I'm having a couple of issues:

1) No Message Waiting Indicator (Logs show no SIP SUBSCRIBE message-summary being sent from the phone)

2) BLF Key not working (Logs show that phone is sending SIP SUBSCRIBE for Event: presence, however server only supports Event:dialog). How can I change the phone to use Event:dialog?

Below is how the line is configured:

<line button="1" lineIndex="1">
<featureID>9</featureID>
<featureLabel>Reception 1</featureLabel>
<proxy>USECALLMANAGER</proxy>
<port>5060</port>
<name>***username***</name>
<displayName>***Name***</displayName>
<autoAnswer>
<autoAnswerEnabled>0</autoAnswerEnabled>
</autoAnswer>
<callWaiting>3</callWaiting>
<authName>***username***</authName>
<authPassword>***password***</authPassword>
<sharedLine>false</sharedLine>
<messageWaitingLampPolicy>3</messageWaitingLampPolicy>
<messageWaitingAMWI>0</messageWaitingAMWI>
<messagesNumber>*98</messagesNumber>
<ringSettingIdle>4</ringSettingIdle>
<ringSettingActive>5</ringSettingActive>
<contact>***username***</contact>
<busyTrigger>4</busyTrigger>
<forwardCallInfoDisplay>
<callerName>true</callerName>
<callerNumber>false</callerNumber>
<redirectedNumber>false</redirectedNumber>
<dialedNumber>true</dialedNumber>
</forwardCallInfoDisplay>
</line>
<!-- BLF KEY, set to the extension number of a station you want this phone to monitor and be able to pick up calls for etc -->
<line button="2">
<featureID>21</featureID>
<featureLabel>***LabelForLineMonitor***</featureLabel>
<speedDialNumber>***userextensiontomonitor***</speedDialNumber>
<contact>***usernametomonitor***</contact>
<featureOptionMask>1</featureOptionMask>
</line>

Thanks

samuelewired
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm new. I purchased a cisco CP-8851-k9 v08. I would like to use it with third party sip providers. how should i do?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@samuelewired 

I've summarized your question in my first comment.

samuelewired
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, I read.
1 how do i know if i have Enterprise or 3PCC firmware?
2 what is the call manager for and how is it configured?
3 do I have to download a particular firmware and replace it or just enter the SIP configuration on the phone without replacing the firmware?
Thanks a lot for the answer

samuelewired
Level 1
Level 1

i've sip88xx.12-7-1-0001-393 firmware

b.winter
VIP
VIP

@samuelewired

1. Check the backside of the phone, for the phone type label. If it has "-3PCC" in the name, then it's a 3PCC phone.
2. call manager is the same as CUCM
3. That depends on possible compatibility requirements, which you need to check based on which PBX you want to register the phone to.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@AJChoudhry wrote:
1 how do i know if i have Enterprise or 3PCC firmware?

Look at the back of the phone.  If the SKU does not have 3PCC/MPP in it, the phone has Enterprise image.

@AJChoudhry wrote:
3 do I have to download a particular firmware and replace it or just enter the SIP configuration on the phone without replacing the firmware?

To convert the phone, either from Enterprise to 3PCC/MPP (or vice versa), there is a license fee for that.

samuelewired
Level 1
Level 1

ok, I have the Enterprice image.

my px configuration is:

Users: 10 **** 400
Password Lda *******
SIP Server: sip3.openvoip.it
Protocol: TCP
Outbound Proxy: sip3.openvoip.it

how do i insert it into the phone?

b.winter
VIP
VIP

@samuelewired I don't know, if you didn't get the info, but you need a "3PCC" or also called "MPP" phone to be able to register to any 3rd party PBX. Enterprise phones only work with CUCM (also called "call manager")!
To convert enterprise phones to be MPP/3PCC phones, you need to buy licenses and then you need to convert the phones.

If you have done that, you can enter the settings directly via the phone settings menu.

If you would check the postings, all the info is already there ... And if you need more info, I guess you should start to gather the info by yourself first. All the info is out there in the internet (I know, it's easier to just ask and get the info presented on a silver plate).

samuelewired
Level 1
Level 1

OK thank you. but i didn't understand the cost of the license

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: