- Expanding the Cisco® Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS): As the number of service providers and partners offering Cisco's Hosted Collaboration Solution more than doubled in the past year (Cisco added 16 new partners this year, bringing the total to 34), Cisco is dramatically extending the application breadth and platform depth of the solution. The HCS offering includes advancements spanning Cisco TelePresence®, Customer Collaboration (contact center), Unified Communications and mobility. With these developments, HCS partners, including service providers, systems integrators, wholesalers and resellers can deliver an even more robust unified collaboration experience to their customers as an "as-a-service" cloud-based model.
- Extending Cisco WebEx® Web Conferencing to the Private Cloud: As the number of WebEx® meetings worldwide via the public Cisco WebEx cloud continues to soar – with a 38% increase year over year -- many customers are also asking for a private cloud solution that provides the same level of collaboration capabilities with a consistent user experience and increased internal control. Cisco is addressing this request with Cisco WebEx Meetings Server, an offering designed for organizations that require or desire a fully "on-premises" conferencing solution housed in their own data centers.
These innovations continue to advance Cisco CloudVerse™, a previously announced set of solutions that provides the foundational elements that organizations need to build, manage and connect public, private and hybrid clouds. Cisco CloudVerse includes Cloud Applications and Services (the focus of today's announcement), Unified Data Center and the Cloud Intelligent Network. CloudVerse helps enable businesses to realize all of the benefits of clouds: an integrated and consistent assured collaboration experience, as well as improved agility, better economics and enhanced security.
- Extending TelePresence Capabilities in HCS:
- TelePresence Meetings at "Your" Command: Partners can offer customers a "static bridge" service option, also known as "rendezvous conferencing," that allows them to conduct TelePresence meetings at any time, versus having to make a meeting reservation. This makes it even easier for HCS customers to extend video collaboration across their ecosystem.
- Maximizing Return on Infrastructure Investment for Partners: Through the integration of Cisco TelePresence Exchange (CTX) into HCS, partners can more efficiently manage the infrastructure necessary to enable TelePresence and videoconferencing, while also leveraging that infrastructure across their entire customer base. This enables partners to avoid making separate infrastructure investments for each customer.
- Expanding the reach of TelePresence: The CTX integration also offers customers the ability to connect multiple locations, including external vendors and suppliers, at the same time. Via the hosted model, customers simply buy or lease the endpoints and the partner provides the back end technology.
- Expanding HCS for Customer Collaboration:
- Simplifying Operations and Increasing Agent Productivity: Through HCS enhancements for Customer Collaboration, partners can easily manage multiple contact centers for customers. Additionally, HCS partners can arm customers with a highly-customizable Web 2.0 collaboration desktop that puts relevant information that call center agents need in a single, modifiable cockpit. Agents can use this information to assist callers faster, better, and with greater accuracy.
- Advancing HCS for Unified Communications (UC): Cisco is extending many of the latest Cisco UC capabilities announced earlier this summer to the cloud via HCS. Examples include:
- Extend and Connect: This new feature of Cisco Unified Communications Manager works with Cisco Jabber™ and is designed to bring third-party phones into the Cisco UC environment. Users can simply input the phone number of their preferred voice device into a Jabber® client running on their Windows PC, and Cisco Unified Communications Manager will route voice traffic directly to that phone number. Jabber is a software client and includes presence, instant messaging (IM), voice, voice messaging, video, desktop sharing and conferencing.
- Connecting the dots between enterprise and mobile networks: With IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) integration capabilities, Cisco HCS partners can offer Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC) capabilities to their customers. This helps mobile service providers connect enterprise and mobile networks, offering seamless services between the two. This offeri
- The same great WebEx user experience as the public cloud solution, including WebEx clients for PC, Mac, iPhone and iPad; high quality video; sharing, annotation, and collaboration tools; recording and playback.
- Integration with Cisco's UC suite that extends IP telephony to conferencing, and provides escalation from a Jabber IM session to a full WebEx meeting directly from the Jabber client (targeted for availability January, 2013).
- A virtualized software solution designed for Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS®) servers that is easy to deploy and manage.
- Number of registered users up 30% year-over-year (Y-o-Y) with over 6.8 million registered users worldwide in August, 2012
- Number of meetings up 38% Y-o-Y with 9.6 million meetings in August, 2012
- Number of meeting minutes up 32% Y-o-Y with 1.8 billion minutes in August, 2012
- Number of mobile client downloads: 2.7 million with more than 30% Y-o-Y growth in application downloads on Apple devices and more than 11% Y-o-Y growth for Android devices
"At Cisco, we're seeing exceptional growth and adoption across our collaboration cloud offerings. Case in point: More than half of the world's leading service providers have adopted Cisco's HCS solution. We feel it's about choice. And, it's ultimately about providing exceptional end user experiences, regardless of the deployment model.
- Watch the Collaboration Summit keynote streamed live online on Oct 16 at 8:30 a.m. PT (replay available at 11 a.m. PT). Learn more about Cisco's collaboration strategy and new cloud collaboration innovations through the watching the keynote, reading blogs, engaging through the forum, and registering now for the November 14 live webcast: "Explore New Options for Deploying Cisco Collaboration Solutions".
- Find more information about Cisco WebEx Meetings Server and Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution
- Learn how D+M Group is benefitting from Cisco's hosted collaboration offerings here
- Watch this video where partners explain why cloud collaboration is on the rise
- Cisco Unified Communications (UC) Release 9.0
- Learn more about Collaboration Services from Cisco and our partners
- Learn how Cisco Capital's flexible financing services can streamline the acquisition of Cisco technology for customers and partners around the world
- Engage with us through the Cisco Collaboration Community, @CiscoCollab on Twitter, and Cisco Collaboration on Facebook. And, hear directly from our Cisco Collaboration leaders through our Cisco Collaboration Blog.
- Partners: Visit the Cisco Partner Central website
*Unless otherwise noted
Cloud, Public, Private, Hosted, Cisco Unified Communications, Cisco TelePresence, Cisco Customer Collaboration, contact center, video, WebEx, Cisco WebEx, mobile, Hosted Collaboration Solution, HCS
About Cisco Collaboration
From award-winning IP communications to mobility, customer care, Web conferencing, messaging, enterprise social software, and interoperable telepresence experiences, Cisco brings together network-based, integrated collaboration solutions based on open standards. These solutions offered across on-premise, cloud-based or virtualized platforms, as well as services from Cisco and our partners, are designed to help promote business growth, innovation and productivity. They are also designed to help accelerate team performance, protect investments, and simplify the process of finding the right people and information.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go tohttp://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
Availability Disclaimer: Many of the products and features described herein remain in varying stages of development and will be offered on a when-and-if-available basis. This products and features are subject to change at the sole discretion of Cisco, and Cisco will have no liability for delay in the delivery or failure to deliver any of the products or features set forth in this document.
- Ross Camp
- +1 email@example.com
Investor Relations Contacts
- Carol Villazon
- (408) 527 firstname.lastname@example.org
Industry Analyst Relations
- Regina Hoshimi
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- +1 408 853 email@example.com