Views
Helpful
Replies

Send Message option is no longer working

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi,

Once upon a time, you could hover your mouse over someone's profile picture and a little pop-up would appear with a Send Message option

RedNectar_0-1662840614582.png

And, to be honest - that options still appears.

IT JUST DOESN'T WORK

If I select Send Message, all that happens is that I get taken to my Inbox with the Search function activated, although the page says "Compose New Message".

RedNectar_1-1662842476605.png

What I EXPECTED to happen (and USED to happen) is that the Create New Message (to the user you had selected to Send Medsage to) already in the recipient list. Like this:

RedNectar_2-1662842596419.png

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.
6 Replies 6

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

BUMP!

Does anybody else care about this?

I really don't know how to bring this to the attention of anyone who could actually fix this.

Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Hi @RedNectar - sorry I missed this one when you posted it, and thanks for the bump!

I am seeing the same behavior, and have the same expectation of what should happen. However, to be entirely honest I'm not certain if this is 'intended' or actually 'broken'. I'll get something filed and let you know as I hear back!

adrian778
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried to register this community but I faced many issues through activation to login. In email the activation button was not working, after trying many times and refreshing the page it is activated. And when I tried to login it was redirecting the same page of login again and again. What was the issue? Was it an internet issue or a site bug issue? Because I checked the internet speed but speed was okay. So what was the exactly bug?

Hi @adrian778  - sorry to hear that you were having issues getting registered! It looks like you were able to get this completed though, unless this was with a different account. 

If you were getting any error messages are you able to share those with me? Thanks!

Tyler Langston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Howdy @RedNectar - following up on this as I've heard back from my dev team:

This is a change with our provider - the 'send message' option will take you to your inbox. If you click the 'Compose message' icon it will load a message screen with the member pre-entered. 

I'm making a suggestion with our provider that they improve this process to be at least somewhat intuitive in the future.

Thank you for your patience!

Hi @Tyler Langston ,

Thanks for chasing this!

So I tested it out!

When you click "Send Message", you end up at a page., with a heading that looks like you should already be in "Compose New Message" mode.

You have to be smart enough to know that you still have to click this icon, that doesn't even have a message appear when you hover over it (like the "Show option menu" does)

RedNectar_0-1679094975126.pngHere's hoping you have some success in making it more intuitive.  I still think the Compose Message should the window that opens.

Quick Links