Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Feedback on the New NetPro?

All,

Consider this an open discussion about the new site.  Dan and I, and the rest of the team will be following this thread.   Tell us about things you like or don't like, and things you'd like to see.  We look forward to your feedback!

Tim Albright

Manager, Cisco Support Community

165 Replies 165

Hi Rob,

The "Questions Answered" is something IT is investigating.  This one we aren't sure about what went wrong.  One way or another we'll make everyone whole.

We are also working on a fix so the monthly leader board shows the correct number of "Questions Answered".

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

PS: Don't be surprised if the last couple of users on the leader boards start showing members who have only accrued a few points.  We are expecting this to occur and have a patch we hope to put in place early next week.

Cheers, Dan

Hey Dan,

Good stuff buddy! + 5 . I 'm sure that there will always be a few bugs when doing a conversion

of such a large scale. The other thing I have noticied is that I am getting an email for every response in this thread

even though I don't remember subscribing to receive them. Maybe I clicked on something I shouldn't have

Cheers! And thanks again!

Rob

rob.huffman wrote:

Hey Dan,

Good stuff buddy! + 5 . I 'm sure that there will always be a few bugs when doing a conversion

of such a large scale. The other thing I have noticied is that I am getting an email for every response in this thread

even though I don't remember subscribing to receive them. Maybe I clicked on something I shouldn't have

Rob

Hi Rob,

You (probably) didn't click on anything the wrong way, but you bring up a point we'll definitely want to communicate to all users.  Under Account > Preferences, each user has the option of setting default email rules:

email_notifications.jpg

The image displays the default (I think), which should explain what you saw.  You can, of course, set these to no and pick only the ones you want to follow individually.  This should migrate into a FAQ.

Cheers,

Tim

rob.huffman wrote:

Hey Dan,

Rob

Hi Rob,

You (probably) didn't click on anything the wrong way, but you bring up a point we'll definitely want to communicate to all users.  Under Account > Preferences, each user has the option of setting default email rules:

email_notifications.jpg

The image displays the default (I think), which should explain what you saw.  You can, of course, set these to no and pick only the ones you want to follow individually.  This should migrate into a FAQ.

Cheers,

Tim

Hey Tim,

I did find these settings just after I posted up the question and then replied to Dandy (below). I did set both email settings to No

but I am still reveiving the notifications. Maybe it takes a bit to kick in.  I'll let you know if I get your next response as well.

Cheers! Thanks for all your help

Rob

Rob,

I saw that you beat me to it.  Not sure about the delay.  It might be that you're already signed up for them based on the previous setting.  Can you try manually stopping the "send" from the actions section?

Tim

Hello,

The www.cisco.com website is easier for me to navigate, probably because the length of each page there is limited. Which reminds me of the 'outline' feature we used to have in old-style NetPro conversations, and was a lot of help in conversations that began to get really long. Is this possible now?

Also, the combination of the colours/letter sizes in pages chosen in www.cisco.com helps my eyes more. I think the new NetPro is more bright/white. Sorry I cannot describe this better right now. I am still trying to figure out what is causing some discomfort to my eyes. Sure it's not me not wanting to adapt to change. The www.cisco.com had changed in the past and I thought of the new one being way more elegant than the old CCO.

When I started using the new NetPro, it was really slow and I was getting a repeated message from Firefox about a script running. After I changed a setting in my account (don't remember exactly where) from 'threaded' to 'flat', this issue disappeared.

Some of my NetPro points have disappeared, but this doesn't concern me. As Dan said, some points more or less is expected. I don't see anyone compaining about more points up to now though ;-) My concern is the following: For some time now I am trying to find a way to see my old posts. I am not trying to see the conversations I have opened. I would like to see the list of my posts as it was available in my profile page in the old NetPro, but cannot figure out how. Up to now, the only way I can go to some old posts is via the e-mail subscription feature. Is this possible now?

Kind Regards,

Maria

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your note on the "threaded to Flat" change

This solved the issue I was having with the Script errors.

+5 points my friend!

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Maria,

You are brilliant for figuring out the trick to turn on flat view to correct the scripting errors.  These errors occur when you try and view a thread that has more than 30 replies.  We are in the process of finding a patch for this.  In the mean time we are adding your suggestion to a FAQ document.

The font of the new site is a bit lighter gray and we can adjust this if users are having problems reading it.  Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Currently, the only way you can see responses you've created is to search for your username.  In the upcoming version of the software platform we are using you'll be able to see all content you've created in your profile.

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan

Hey Dan,

I would love it if you could "darken" the font, I am finding that I have to change it for each post

that I enter. Maybe it's just my "old" eyes.

Cheers Buddy!

Huff

Hi Rob,

Numerous members have complained about the light font.  We are darkening this in our next release which is next week.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hey Tim,

I have done what you suggested

I'll see what happens on your next post in this thread.

Cheers!

Rob

rob.huffman wrote:

Hey Tim,

I have done what you suggested

I'll see what happens on your next post in this thread.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Not sure if you replied to this elsewhere, but did the "following" conform more to what you expected after you changed your settings?  For example, on any new threads?

Salud,

Tim

Hey Tim,

Sorry if I missed that my friend

Everything seems to be working well now.

Cheers!

Huff

Dan

Sorry about this but just another quick point.

I have just got 14 points in this sub forum for posts that were posted this month. Now the points have been added to my overall score but they have not been added to my points in this forum ? Not hugely worried i have to say but may be another bug ?

Edit - Dan this seems to be getting worse.

I started with 55 points in this forum. I now have 83 which is 28 points more.

I have also had a rating of 4 points in LAN Switching & Routing.

So a total of 32 points.  My overall score however has gone from 14011 to 14034 which is 23 points. And the LAN Routing and Switching board hasn't registered the 4 points ?

I am really confused.

Jon

Quick Links