Views
Helpful
Replies

Opening TAC case on behalf of customer

Prasad D
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

We are Cisco partner, is it possible to open a SR on behalf of our customer, if it is possible please help how we can do that, i know it is possible with other vendors like fortinet and others..

Thanks in advance.. 

2 Replies 2

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can open a SR with Cisco for a customer if your CCO (Cisco ID) is associated with the contract. Or you can ask customer SAMT admin to associate your ID.  Once the ID is associated you can open a case online or call. The device needs to have a valid service contract.

You can login to Cisco .. go to Support Cases and open a new case.

Enter the serial number of the device in the search box. It will tell you if the device has valid contract and if it will let you associate the contract to your CCO ID automatically. 

It is not possible to request each customer to add my account in their SA. For Hardware support we can directly add the SN/ Contract Number My Own  Cisco ID. But for Software support How can we add  ? Can Any One guide based on their experience on this. I tried adding using Subscription-ID but not working.

So how do we associate our Cisco ID with the Enterprise Agreement Smart Account ?