cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent Login ID's not attaching to another ICD extension

mmitchell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a little issue here. If an agent sits at his/her primary desk and their agent extension is say 5010. If they need to move to another desk and the ICD extension there is 5011. They are unable to log on to that extension using CAD and specifying the 5011 extension during the logon. I get an "error trying to monitor extension: 5011" dialog box and CAD closes.

However, they work fine at their primary desk. Is this expected? I really need them to be able to move from desk to desk while keeping their original logons so that their skills routing follows them.

Thanks in advance,

1 Reply 1

colin.mccrory
Level 1
Level 1

You will need to configure extension mobility for these users and assign user profiles to each agent with their primary extension munmber (ie 5010). This profile is then associated to the user rather than the device association making sure the ICD box is checked.

The acual IP phones will need another number (say 5200) allocated to them which requires extension mobility enabled.

The user will then need to log into the phone using their profile and once the phone has reset, the agent can then log into the system using their 'primary ICD extension' number which should now be displayed on the phone.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_qanda_item09186a00802444f6.shtml