Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent PG setup concern

Dear All,

We have 1 cluster with 4 call processing node like  (  Side- A-  2, side – B -  2 )

While configuring Agent PG on side – A we have given SIDE –A  subscriber IP , on Side – B we have given SIDE – B subscriber IP .

When PG A/ B or  CUCM subscriber A/B is down Failover is happening.

What is my concern here – Please find attached JGW registry settings . We have total 4 subscribers .

There is any way to give multiple IP’s  for PG user Service on Agent PG setup  . because if the particular Subscriber is crashed or any issues it can use the another available IP’s right ?

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S
4 Replies 4

Sasikumar Divvela
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ram,

There is no way to give multiple CUCM IP address in the PG setup. But in case if the subscriber which is connected to PG A side goes down, PGB will come active immediately by connecting to the subscriber B .

Regards,

Sasikumar.

Hi Sasi ,

Fail over is happening during PG or CUCM node restart / cycle /stop ..

we want to know the confirmation from your end  for assigning multiple IP address in PG Setup .

Ram.S 

Regards,
Ram.S

Hi Ram, 

My reply on your thread states that you can have multiple callmanager ip address 

Regards, 

Anoop

Anoop Krishnan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ram, 

As you have a single cluster , you can create a Single PIM and point one side (PG1A) to Sub 1 and other(PG1B) to Sub 2. 

If publisher fails PG1A PIM becomes idle and PG1B PIM becomes active. 

You could configure both IP addresses of the Call Manager servers under the CallManager PIM as follows:

Publisher_IP_address, Subscriber_IP_address

PG speaks to CUCM through JTAPI (jgw), so i guess configuring ip address of other subscribers of the same cluster is not necessary. 

Regards, 

Anoop