Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent queue priority

rbblue234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All!

I'm trying to setup the agent queue priority for agents that are in several queues.      Example below. The list is the order they should get calls reguardless of hold time.  our version is 7.0.1

Agent A

internal (10)
ETF (8)
Service (7)

Agent B
ETF (10)

Agent C

internal (10)

ETF(8)

Service (7)

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you are asking for would not be possible with the Priority feature, simply because you have too many CSQ's and groups of Agents to work with.  Priorities are only effective with a single group of Agents and no more than two CSQ's.

E.g.,  Support Agents need to handle VIP callers before regular callers, and you have a VIP CSQ and a regular CSQ.

The system is hard coded to work in a First In First Out (FIFO) order, and you cannot change that.  The oldest Contact, within each priority, is the next Contact in line to be delivered to an Agent.

You would even need to be careful using priorites, such that you don't inadvertently starve the regular CSQ, for time periods when there is a steady stream of VIP callers.

E.g., Anthony calls in and he's a regular user.  John calls in after Anthony but is a VIP so he is bumped to the front of the line.  While Anthony waits, Dan calls in an is also a VIP and bumps to the front.  Anthony continues to wait and now Fred calls in an is a VIP as well.  Then VIP Steve.  Then VIP Carl.  Etc.  Anthony ends up hanging up because the wait is too long.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Hi!

I can see where the system is hard coded FIFO and understand that.

I'm not looking for priority within the CSQ, think back a level where the call selection is based on the agent assigment and then call age. Is their a way to give an agent a priority queue over all CSQ's which they are assigned?