Views
Helpful
Replies

BARS scheduled backup problem

jagadishs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Setup - Two Call Manager 4.0(2a)SR2 servers with two IPCC Express 3.5(2)SR1 servers.

BARS server(version - 4.0.5) installed on CCM Publisher with IPCC Express server acting as

backup targets.

BARS is taking a combined backup of CCM publisher,IPCC Express servers.

Problem - BARS is scheduled for daily combined backup and backup is not happening

daily and no errors found.I am attaching the backup log file.

Manual backup is working fine and scheduled backup is not happening continiuosly.

Pls let me how can I resolve this problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadish S

3 Replies 3

p.krane
Level 3
Level 3

Try to re-enter password for authentication on the BARS page

mbell
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a similar problem and I've now seen it on two different CM clusters with different versions of BARS (4.0.5 and 4.0.10). One cluster is backing up IPCCX and another cluster is only backing up CM.

Problem is, every once in a while (maybe once a month), the backup just won't run. No Windows error messages, no BARS log file is created, nothing. Manual backup works fine and the next day, the scheduled backup runs fine. Since scheduled backup runs fine most of the time without any changes, I do not believe this is an authentication problem.

Any ideas?

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

you didnt attach the log file...do you have this?

there has to be an authentication failure or other issue if BARS is actually launching at the time you have configured. provide any log you can from BARS operation.