cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Subflow script not being called

Chris Jacobsen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a script where the caller enters their member ID (through Get Digit String) when prompt.  Once entered, the script uses a "Call Subflow" to call another script that looks up the ID in a database and retrieves specific information.  It works in other scripts, but for some reason, it is not working in this one.  In the "Successful" branch of the Get Digit String step, they go through a Set step (to set a variable to 0), then the "Call Subflow" step, then an "IF" step.  When doing a reactive debug (of both scripts), it progresses from the "Set" step to the subflow step, to the IF step.  When it hits the subflow step, nothing happens.  No variables change, no errors occur, and the reactive debug I have set on the subflow script never triggers.  I've refreshed all scripts and applications involved, but no change.  Not sure what to do beyond this point.  Help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

12 Replies 12

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

Can you please check the input and output mapping of the subflow step, you can check it by going to the properties of that step.

Also a screenshot of that specific part where the subflow is called will be helpful, if not the whole script, with subflow script.

Regards,

Chuck

Thanks Chuck.  I'm not exactly sure what information you are looking for, but on the input mappings, I have one entry (for the member ID variable) and output mappings I have three entries (member name, record count, and returned member ID for confirmation). The outputs all have valid destination variables and "subflow sources" all have valid names associated to valid variables in the script being called by the subflow.

Below is a screenshot of the section I am having trouble with.  Sorry if it doesn't look very good.  Let me know if there is a better way to deliver it.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Try this, use set step in the subflow to provide str_MemberID, and run a active debug, or put an accept step and run a reactive debug by calling the trigger ( you might need to associate one) and check if the values are populating in the variables within the subflow script.

That will assure us if the problem is with subflow script or not.

HTH

Chuck

I added a set step in the subflow and ran an active debug.  I stepped through and once it got to the "DB Read: Resource" step, it immediately went to the "DB Release" step. What about the DB step would cause it to be completely ignored?  Everything is set correctly and the same way it is in production, which is working.

Hi Chris,

Can you check if the access to this lab CCX server is correct ?

We might need to dig into logs to check why this is failing.

Regards,

Chakshu

Please rate helpful posts.

They are actually the same server.  I differentiate between them by adding the prefix "Test_" to the script name.

So the same script is working when you go active debugging using set step without Test_ ?

That is strange, there has to be something different.

I should clarify; it's working as part of the normal process, during use by our call center agents.  Can I active debug the production script without causing interruptions?

NO, using the set step on the production script will cause issues, when the callers enter there MemberID, it will take the one you entered using set step.

Do not try this in production.

Unless you have some other ideas or suggestions, I can try it after we close this evening (if I get the chance) and repost with the results.

I think that will be the best approach to figure out why the test subflow is failing.

Sorry it's taken me so long to test and get back to you.  I was finally able to do an active debug on both the test subflow and the production subflow and neither worked.  I'm not sure how this is possible since the production subflow works just fine during an actual call.  Both scripts did the same thing: hit the DB Read step, then jumped to the "DB Release" step.  I went into the properties for the DB Read step and clicked "Test".  The "Number of rows returned" field only gave me a 0, which seems odd. 

I then went in and did a reactive debug on the test version of my main production script that leads into the production subflow script (I know, it's getting deep in here) and it still did not pull my information based off the member ID I provided.  The production stuff works just fine so I'm not sure why this is failing.

Chris