Views
Helpful
Replies

CCMP User Addition

hassanalirazi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

I want to create a user in CCMP which can only create agents or change their passwords. Can anyone direct me to some documentation relating to adding such a user or write down the detailed steps to guide me.

Hassan

3 Replies 3

Hi Hassan,

Have a look at the Security Guide for Unified CCMP...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ipccenterprise8_5_1/user/guide/ccmp85sg.pdf

This should help you refine the security for your users.

Hope it helps.

Jonathan

Hi,

Thanks Jonathan. But i have tried these guides and havent had much luck with them if you or anyone can explain to me how CCMP users work? It just rights assignment i have no idea why its not easy like that of UCCE or CUCM.

Please Help

Hassan

Hassan,

Permissions in Unified CCMP offer greater flexability than available through CUCM or UCCE, so its inevitable that there are going to be some differences when it comes to configuration.

Unified CCMP allows a partitioned structure of information to be created from imported UCCE or CUCM data.

Permissions are defined based on a set of global tasks and a set of folder based tasks:

- The global tasks define what I am allowed to do on the system e.g. Provision Agents, Provision Teams etc. On their own these tasks serve no purpose but coupled with a folder based task you will be granted permissions to perform these actions.

- The folder based tasks define where I am allowed to do things on the system. So if I have the Provision Agents global tasks and I am granted the Manage Dimensions folder based task on the folder /Jonathan1 then I will be able to Create / Edit and Delete Agents within that folder.

If you want to create users that can only create Agents and reset their passwords then you will need to grant them the Provision Agent global permission and the Manage Dimensions folder based permission. This will allow them to Create/ Edit and Delete Agents from this folder. If you do not allow them to have any other global tasks for other types e.g. Provision Agent Team, Call Type etc. then they will not be able to manage these resources.

I hope that helps.

Jonathan