Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ccx attached e-mail server location

Hi There,

I had developed an application that record a message and send the .wav as attached to an e-mail address.

1) The send e-mail step has from: and to: fields... is there a way to configure CCO field ?

2) Is there any location in the server where I could find the attached files ? Maybe they are in a temp folder... or maybe there is a SentBox folder...

Thanks.

Andrei.

5 Replies 5

Samuel Womack
Level 5
Level 5

1.) You would have to construct the message using Java SMTP(elegant) and/or Sockets(no so) Forum VIP Gergely breaks down the Java code nicely here  (this step uses Java as well of course but all the complexities of that are abstracted)

2.) Using the Example from above(with Gergely's elegant method)..you could BCC a copy of the Attachment to an Email Address of your choosing..otherwise the Attachment, existing a Java Document Variable, will be abandoned once the Application is terminated and hence marked for the GC. So if you want to save it, you will have to Transfer to the Document somewhere..sort like I mentioned with the BCC in the email..but you could store in the UCCX Repository, send via FTP/SFTP, etc etc..

Hope this helps..

Ravi Shankar Pandit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andrei,

Recorded file will save in /opt/cisco/uccx/temp/.

Regards

Ravi

Ravpandi, can you provide the document where this is stated? +5 if so..thanks..

Its not documented any were . I am from UCCX TAC that's the reason I know the location :)

Regards

Ravi

actually you can these location in MIVR Logs . make a test call and save the prompt and see in which folder file is saved .

sample of MIVR Logs.

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/opt/cisco/uccx/temp/1328209801586@1421bc6.wav

Regards

Ravi