cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCCX with Cisco Agent Desktop - When Must We Change?

OlivejCisco
Level 1
Level 1

Our current UCCX call center agents use Cisco Agent Desktop.  There is a project to migrate them to the UCCE platform, but it is going slowly.  I need to know the issues and support concerns, including any critical dates that will affect these call centers, so that I can advise management.  I believe that Cisco Agent Desktop is not Windows 10 compliant, but there may be more issues that will arise if delays continue.  Thank you for any information that you can share.

4 Replies 4

seanvaid
Level 3
Level 3

I would also bring up that it's an EOL product and that support from Cisco will end 31-JUL-2018

Thank you Sean for your very speedy reply!  Somehow I missed seeing it.  I will set a calendar reminder to look for replies to posts in the future in case e-mails are not making it through.

I heard that you can use Finesse with UCCX.  Do you know if this is true, and, if yes, does it look the same/work the same for a UCCX Agent and a UCCE Agent?  If it is the same, perhaps they might consider rolling out Finesse early if they really cannot do the full UCCE migration until much later.

I've personally only worked with UCCX and not UCCE. Yes, Finesse is now the main web client for UCCX. It is probably the exact same for UCCE. But I cannot say for sure. 

My recommendation would be to lab everything out before hand so you can test features and see what a real upgrade would look like. Just back up your current environment, restore it to lab, and upgrade on the lab. That should answer a lot of your questions and will very well prepare you for the real upgrade. 

Thank you. I am going to hope for the UCCE migration happening as I do not think there are the resources for lab set up and testing.