Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIS 7.5(1) Archiver installation problem

Hi All,

We are building CUIS 7.5(1) Archiver and we are having a problem with it. When trying to configure the Archiver using CUIS Configuration Tool it fails with the following error message:

“An error has occurred: Unable to setup the Archiver common database.”

Here is what the CUIS Configuration Tool log file says:

[3-1-2011 16:41:35] WARNING: Exception caught: An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (ExecutionFailureException)

[3-1-2011 16:41:35] WARNING: Trace:    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnection.ExecuteNonQuery(String sqlCommand, ExecutionTypes executionType)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnection.ExecuteNonQuery(String sqlCommand)

at CuisConfigTool.Util.SQLUtil.runScript(String script, String address) in n:\bluevue\CuisConfigTool\CuisConfigTool\Util\SQLUtil.cs:line 868

at CuisConfigTool.Archiver.ArchiverConfiguration.setupCommonData() in n:\bluevue\CuisConfigTool\CuisConfigTool\Archiver\ArchiverConfiguration.cs:line 562

[3-1-2011 16:41:35] ERROR:   Unable to setup the Archiver common database.

To me it looks like a problem with SQL but I can not work out what is wrong. Has anybody had the similar problem before? Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks a lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andrew Koert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alexnader,

I have seen these errors and warnings  before and it was resolved as follows:

1. Create local CuisDBuser on Archiver server and add to Administrators group
2. Configure SQLSRV and SQLQgent services to use local CuisDBuser account as startup account

3. Use this local CuisDBuser account for Archiver setup.

This should allow the Archiver configuration to complete successfully.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Andy

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Andrew Koert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alexnader,

I have seen these errors and warnings  before and it was resolved as follows:

1. Create local CuisDBuser on Archiver server and add to Administrators group
2. Configure SQLSRV and SQLQgent services to use local CuisDBuser account as startup account

3. Use this local CuisDBuser account for Archiver setup.

This should allow the Archiver configuration to complete successfully.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks a lot for your help! We are using domain accounts for everything. I have changed the SQL service account to the one that I am using to configure the Archiver and this did help in a way - the previous failure point was passed successfully and now the configuration is failing with a different error. Here is the log file:

[3-10-2011 17:40:50] WARNING: Exception caught: An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (ExecutionFailureException)
[3-10-2011 17:40:50] WARNING: Trace:    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnection.ExecuteNonQuery(String sqlCommand, ExecutionTypes executionType)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnection.ExecuteNonQuery(String sqlCommand)
   at CuisConfigTool.Util.SQLUtil.runScript(String script, String address) in n:\bluevue\CuisConfigTool\CuisConfigTool\Util\SQLUtil.cs:line 868
   at CuisConfigTool.Archiver.ArchiverConfiguration.setupProduct() in n:\bluevue\CuisConfigTool\CuisConfigTool\Archiver\ArchiverConfiguration.cs:line 691
[3-10-2011 17:40:50] ERROR:   Unable to setup the Archiver product-specific data.

Any idea what THIS can be?

I am not sure where you are in the installation steps but I believe 
you need to add the domain logon account as sysadmin on the Archiver SQL server to get by this error.

From the install guide,

"The Configuration Tool must be run by a user with Administrator credentials.
This user must also have administrative privileges in SQL Server and be mapped to
SQLServer as a 'sysadmin' login."

Can you verify this.

Regards,

Andy

I have double-checked this. I am running the configuration tool under the same domain account which is used for SQL Server as well. This domain account is a member of domain admin group as well as a member of local admin group on the Archiver server. Also this account is configured as sysadmin in SQL Server. So to me it looks like this account has all possible rights - domain, local and SQL - but the configuration process still fails.