Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP Call Server Status / GW File Transfers

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

All,

My Call Server is always in 'Partial' status. What exactly does this mean? I am thinking that it comes to 'up' status when a VXML Gateway is fully operational? Also this leads me to my next problem. I can execute IOS commands on my VXML gateway through the OPS Console, however I cannot do any file transfers, I get device unreachable. I transfered them over via TFTP, but is this affecting me somehow? Please any insight would be phenominal...

Chad

1 Reply 1

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

No, the Call Server does not care whether it can see a voice gateway.

One of the subsystems that makes up the Call Server is not running correctly - ICM, IVR, SIP. ICM is the main service that connects to the VRU PIM using the MR PIM plug in. It talks to the other sub-systems over the Message Bus, including talking to the VXML Svc for label lookups.

There are a number of things to check, but I would check the PIM. OAMP will show the ICM service in "partial service" if its not connected to the VRU PIM. Is the PIM active?

I would not worry about the file transfers. You can easily use TFTP, and it's typically something you just do once at set up to get the CVP files into gateway flash.

The two problems "could" be interrelated though - I would look at the CVP logs and try to find out what CVP service is not running.

Regards,

Geoff