cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error in opening CAD, file missing shlapi.dll or sllapi.dll after upgrade of UCCX 9 to 10.6.

ccg-collab1
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone,

We have upgraded our UCCX system from version 9 to version 10.6. After successful upgrade, we have updated the CAD from v9 to v10.6 per agent.

However during operation, some agents reported they cannot open CAD and encounter an error "The program can't start because shlapi.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem."

Then we tried to uninstall the CAD, during uninstalling, another error is encountered "File sllapi.dll can not be found. Make sure the file is on target system or is installed already."

After successful uninstall and install of the CAD, the application now runs smoothly. I have also tried to copy from the working CAD the shlapi.dll and sllapi.dll in the directory C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\pcap\dll and paste in the non-working CAD but issue still persist. I have tried to look at the CAD logs but there were no data yet since it is CAD updated/newly installed. So the only workaround was really to reinstall the program.

My question is why did this happen? Please take note that not all of them encountered the issue. Although the issue is now resolved, it affected the service operations since some of them were not able to log-in during those time. Are there logs which I can look into to further investigate this? I have searched for a bug related to this but it was affecting UCCX version 5 and no other reports on higher version. Please see link.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCsw21630/?referring_site=bugquickviewclick

Thank you in advance!

Kenneth

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Torsten Scholz
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have recognized that this issue with "shlapi.dll" occurs if you install the UCCX packages from an USB drive. If you copy the files first to the desktop for example, then the installation works fine and the "shlapi.dll" error doesn't occur.

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards

Torsten

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Torsten Scholz
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have recognized that this issue with "shlapi.dll" occurs if you install the UCCX packages from an USB drive. If you copy the files first to the desktop for example, then the installation works fine and the "shlapi.dll" error doesn't occur.

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards

Torsten

ccg-collab1
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Torsten,

Since the issue is resolved by reinstalling the CAD by downloading the application directly from the UCCX server, I think you are correct that the issue occurs when we install the CAD from a USB flash drive. We saved the application in USB and install it in some PCs to save time in installing them to all the PCs.

Thank you.

Kenneth

davisjohn2377
Level 1
Level 1

Got to the page https://pcpatchedup.com/shlapi-dll and download the dll file.