cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ExplicitConfirmDialog not supported error?

mloraditch
Level 7
Level 7

See below. I have placed a call to new contact. I want to play them the explicit confirmation and get the following error. Is this not supported as stated or am I messing something else up? What is the best workaround?

Thanks!

UCCXError.JPG                  

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is certainly a weird one.

1. What is your UCCX version and license level?
    1. No matter the case, the Explicit Confirmation step is documented as available, but it would be helpful to know these two things.
    2. https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/programming/guide/uccx851_step_ref.pdf
  2. What do the properties of said step look like?
  3. Are you trying to use DTMF only, or ASR+DTMF?
  4. Does this step work for an inbound contact?
  5. As a work around, could you use the menu step or get digit string step in place of?  Or do those fail too?

Good luck.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

So I have figured it out. Nothing that played media to the non triggering contact was working. It appears you have to set a dialog group for the outbound contact. I've never dealt with them before so I didn't understand where you found them or how you set them.

Thanks for the reply!

For anyone else, the dialog group, aka, cisco media group, aka media channels, are CPU resources in UCCX which terminate media to interact with DTMF key presses.  There is always one created for you by default, which has the same number of channels as your liecensed for in ports.  However, the best practice is to have 10% more media channels than CTI Ports, as it takes longer to allocate/deallocate these resources than it does CTI Ports.  This give you a cushion.

Normally you'll see the Cisco Media group defined on the triggers, and by default it's hidden, and set to the default group.

But in the case of outbound calls from the Place Call step, you need to manually set the ID (an integer) of the group you wish to use for that outbound call.

There you have it.  Glad you got it sorted.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.