cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Historical reports

briley
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that is running IPCC 4.0.2 and they are using the Historical reports client. They are trying to save the document their network home drive and are unable to do so. After some digging it looks like it is trying to connect as a different user, ciscohisrprtusr. It looks like this is a local account and was created during the install. Does the software run under this account? If so does anyone know how I can find out the password for this account is? I need to be able to export the report to this home directory but I can not if the software runs under this account.

6 Replies 6

briley
Level 1
Level 1

can anyone give me some help on this? I am still haveing this problem.

I don't think that userID was created by IPCC installation. The reporting user basically is CCM JTAPI user, and assigned admin privilege in CRS. Please check with CCM and CRS reporting admin page whether this use exists.

By the way, I don't understand why you could not save file into network drive, which permission is controlled by your OS userID, not reporting user.

Wei

No - he is right - in the IPCC Express 4.x historical reporting client, the networked drives either don't show or show with a red x through them - even if the user logged on to windows has those mapped and accessable. You are correct that "most" software uses the OS to access the mapped drives, but in this case, when you click on one, you get a "bad loginid or password" error. Many customers share these reports among users (or higher level management) and do so using a network share. And please don't say - "oh just copy them to the drive after they run" We are talking about a function that WAS in version 3.x that some software genius took away.

Not only that the reporting client DOES create that local user account which I stated in my other post. This must be what the reporting software is running under. That user account does not have the correct permisions to access the network drives while the currently logged in user to the workstation does. I still have the customer asking me about this. Can someone from cisco please respond so we can get a resolution.

I've run into the same issue while trying to setup scheduled printing of reports to a network printer after hours. I don't have control of the network print server controlling print jobs to the designated printer (which is in a Windows Domain environment). The print jobs that are showing up to the print server are from the local user created by the CRS Historical Reporting installation (CiscoHistRprtUsr). Since this account isn't in the Domain, the print job isn't authorized to print to the network printer.

Hi,

I run into more or less the same problem. I could not print historical reports.

I noticed that thr HR-client tries to logon during printing with the account CiscoHistRprtUsr, but the HR-client application itself runs under the logged on Windows user.

The printer to which we want to print is part of a Windows Domain. The HR-client runs on a terminal server which is part of the same Windows domain. Of course user CiscoHistRprtUsr (which is created locally during install of the HR-client) is not a domain user.

Because we did't and still don't know the password of the user mentioned before we decided to install the HR-client on the domain controller. After that we could print without any problem.

So I am nearly sure you'll run into the same problem.