Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM 4.6.2 to 6.0 Upgrade

shashimohan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

We are Planing to upgrade ICM 4.6.2 to 6.0. We have Huge HDS database more than 15 Gb, I would like to know how much time approximately Upgration takes to Covert this database in to 6.0 Because databse Schema of 6.0 is diffrent from the 4.6.2

Regards

shashimohan

4 Replies 4

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

I would say that it would take approximately 8 hrs.

jeff.marshall
Level 1
Level 1

There are a number of variables involved with this. I believe that Cisco Engineering has a matrix that can produce a reasonable approximation. What I’ve found is that the power of the server has a lot to do with the results – processor, RAM, RAID card I/O, RAID design, etc.

A 15Gb HDS Db is pretty small. A recent experience with a 200Gb HDS Db on a very strong server was just under 3 days while a similar sized Db on a poorly designed server took over a month using every trick in the book.

Good luck,

/Jeff

Hi jeff

Thanks a lot, i need to know one more info, during this data migration can we put system in to production and subsequnet reports can be generated

Regards

shashimohan

Is there a way to upgrade the systems on a fresh install of Windows 2000 and new hardware?

I would imagine you can keep old hardware in production, shutdown one side (if in a dup. setup) and migrate the data from the A side (old server/hardware) to the New server with cisco approved specs.

OR.. must you install say 4.6.2 on the new hardware, with the cisco specs for 6.0 and then migrate to 6.0?

To me it sounds like this option is over worked. I am just wondering because we too are upgrading soon to 6.0.

Thanks in adv.