Views
Helpful
Replies

Interest to the description for SKIP PQC protocol

n.borisov
Level 1
Level 1

Dear colleagues

My name is Nikolai Borisov, I am a senior software engineer of QRate LLC (Moscow, Russia). Our company designed an industrial quantum key distribution (QKD) setup. We have performed already a few successful demonstrations with industrial integrations, e.g. https://thequantumdaily.com/2021/06/01/qrate-demonstrates-protection-for-autonomous-vehicles-with-qkd-device/. Now we are interested in integrating with the business partners, using Cisco network equipment.

On the page https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/optical-networking/solution-overview-c22-743948.html SKIP protocol, which designed for that purposes, was mentioned.
Unfortunately, I didn't found any further information for the protocol in open access. I am writing to inquire about the possibility of getting any PDF description of the SKIP protocol to design a software API server to support it. We would appreciate your reply at your earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Nikolai Borisov

Senior software engineer

QRate LLC

2 Replies 2

Alexander Stevenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @n.borisov,

Greetings! I'm writing just to update you, not to report success, unfortunately. Perhaps because SKIP is new, there is little information to be found, even for a Cisco engineer such as myself (although I am not senior). Basically, I could find nothing internally to help you. Here is what I've found and it's all publicly available on the Internet today.

Please see How to open a case with Cisco TAC (Technical Assistance Center) for more assistance. They can possibly pair you with the correct engineers to help you. As a last resort, you could reach out to the authors of the articles I've listed for you here.

Best regards,

alexstev

brunorijsman
Level 1
Level 1

Same request here. If Cisco does not publish the SKIP protocol, the probability that QKD vendors will implement support for it seems very low.