cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express Agent Desktop using some Local Language

c.studer
Level 1
Level 1

Some Cisco marketing presentations say that local language support is available for agent and supervisor desktops. However, on my system, I can't install any non-English desktop.

Is there somebody who has already installed a non-English agent desktop?

2 Replies 2

venkasub
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

During the install the ICD Configuration screen has Language drop-down menu to choose a default language for the Cisco Agent Desktop and the Cisco Supervisor Desktop. Only 1 language can be selected. The drop down list always has English as a default and is followed by the other prompt languages that you selected that are also supported in the Graphical User Interface. In your case, you would have needed to select other language as German or anyother language explicitly from the drop down list. To rectify this you will need to uninstall using the Control Panel CSD/CAD in the order administrator/agent/base, then reboot, then run the install and taking care to select German/French/other language from the drop down.

1. On CRS server uninstall the following programs in the order listed. Go to Start ->

Settings -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> and uninstall:

(i) Desktop Administrator

(ii) Desktop Servers

(iii) Desktop Base

After the Desktop Base uninstall completes you are prompted to restart the server.

2. Once the CRS server reboots, reinstall CRS.

The procedure for removing CAD/CSD are documented in Cisco Desktop Product Suite -Installation Guide under the section "Removing Cisco Desktop Product"

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_5/english/admn_app/cad_inst.pdf

For more info on CRS installation, refer the Getting Started Guide from the below URL.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_5/english/admn_app/index.htm

Hope it helps.

Regards

Venkat

Hi Venkat

Thank you for answering my brief question in such a comprehensive manner.

Actually my issue was, installing different agent desktops using different local languages.

From you answer, I conclude, that this is not possible.

Maybe, Cisco's formulation in the "Getting Started with Cisco CRA" is a bit misleading - "default language" actually just means "the local language".

Regards

Christian