Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCCX 3.5 integration with Oracle 9i

abhishekkatta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what all info is needed to integrate Oracle9i with IPCCX 3.5 PREMIEUM Edition,

The oracle team is asking for inputs, and i am not aware abt it.I need some help from the experts who have already done this in the past.

Some Basic info is ok with me.

Thanks

Regards

Abhishek

3 Replies 3

srikrama
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You have to create data source name (DSN) in CRS server for oracle with that DSN you have to configure the database subsystem in CRS server.

Refer CRS administrator guide for configuring database subsystem :

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_4_0/english/administ/crs401ag.pdf(pg 15-38 Database Subsystem Configuration)

Regards

Srikanth

First install, Oracle Client 9i on the CRS Server.

Then, get the configuration for the TNSNames.ORA.This file will have information on what oracleserver and what instance to point to etc.

Then, use Oracle Test to test and see if you can connect and get table data from server

Then, Create ODBC DSN.

Create DB Subsystem in CRS Admin page for the DSN.

Now, you can create scripts with db nodes.

Hope that helps. Please rate posts

Dear Sanjeev Thallikar,

I would like to query an Oracle DB from a script created for IPCCX 5.0(2).

I have followed all the steps you describe. I have also checked in the database ODBC definition that the Connection to the ddbb works properly.

But when programming the script if I try to refresh the database schema the CRS Editor gets blocked. This happens since I have addedd the database in the Admin webpage.

For this addition I have configured the user and password for the database connection that where provided by the database adminsitrator.

What is this happening?

Thanks in adavance for your kind help.

/Amaia