cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing authorization in gadget prefs (finesse 11)

backa.peter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we are missing authorization information coming from gadget prefs. Finesse Web Services Guide (for finesse 11) states following.

Required Module pref Features:

• <Requirefeature="pubsub-2"/>: This feature is required for the gadget to load in the OpenAjaxHub.

• <Requirefeature="setprefs"/>: This feature is required for the Finesse JavaScript library to set the agent authorization string in the gadget prefs.

In finesse 11 we are not able to get the authorization from gadget prefs. Is it by design or some kind of issue in the new finesse version?

Following code returns empty string:

var prefs = new gadgets.Prefs();

prefs.getString('authorization');

we have enabled the feature "setprefs" in our gadget.xml.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The gadgets.Prefs is not designed for use of critical application data. Could you explain what is being stored in the 'authorization' preference?

Also, are you able to save and retrieve other preferences?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

Could I just verify, this worked in a previous version of Finesse? And, what version was that?

It worked in finesse 10.5 and lower versions.

The gadgets.Prefs is not designed for use of critical application data. Could you explain what is being stored in the 'authorization' preference?

Also, are you able to save and retrieve other preferences?

The finesse javascript library stores there the agent authorization string. We are using it to authenticate against our services.

Okay, to help me look into this, could you send me a sample of what the authorization string looks like. And, please remove any sensitive information.

Thank you