cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pass UCCX Script Variables to Mediasense Metadata

Ben Morgan
Level 3
Level 3

Have Mediasense configured for Call Recording from UCCX (Finesse).  All working great, however, I'm trying to pass script variables to Mediasense as metadata to make life easier for searching recorded calls.

1. Is this possible?

2. I would assume, I'd bee adding a few extra lines to the below Finesse workflow action.

<Dialog>
<requestedAction>START_RECORDING</requestedAction>
<targetMediaAddress>${extension}</targetMediaAddress>
</Dialog>

Any assistance would be appreciated

Ben

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Refer Finesse AgentInfo Gadget section of below document:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/mediasense/11/User_Guide/CUMS_BK_M5B01864_00_ms-user-guide-11/CUMS_BK_M5B01864_00_ms-user-guide-105_chapter_01.html#topic_DB5FCE4C98844D45A3FDA85E388134CF

Regards

Deepak

Thanks Deepak. I have the AgentInfo installed and can see those populated field in Mediasense. However, I'm more after adding additional metadata to the call. For example. Create a call variable in the uccx script and insert against the 'Caller' information using the finesse workflow action.

Please note there is only certain amount of metadata that can be passed over to MediaSesne from UCCX/Finesse. What you are trying to achieve there is not possible.

Regards

Deepak

I think Mediasense should be able to accept at least a couple of custom variables, even tags etc. The search and play interface is not very user friendly and hard to search for recording conversations. The searching mechanism doesn't even allow to place an * to search for broader phone number etc.