cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PerfOS (Event ID: 2012)

ktran-anet
Level 1
Level 1

I've been receiving the following application event error message every second in the last few days from the primary CRS server [CCX v4.0(5)]:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: PerfOS
Event Category: None
Event ID: 2012
Date:  10/19/2010
Time:  2:36:21 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: CCX405A

Description:
Unable to get system process information from system. Status code returned is data DWORD 0.

Also on the Windows Task Manager, there are no processes showing. In addition to that, there is no information about memory usage under the Performance tab. Some agents were complaining about the system kicked them out in the middle of the call. Others said that Talking state switched to Work state during the call. My Cisco Supervisor Desktop intermittently switched from In Service to No Service and I had to close CSD and fire it up again in order to be able to get access to it.

So I thought I just wanted to restart Node Manager last night to failover to the other CRS engine which appeared to be clean and didn't have the same error message above. Guess what? that nasty error message now appears on the new active node and all the issues I said above reproduce again on the new active CRS. But what really strange is that the error message on the original node is now completely stopped after I restarted the node manager. So it appears to me that the problem goes with the active node only.

No changes occured recently except that I did allow sitescope to monitor those systems. However, even after I disabled sitescope, I'm still showing the issues above.

Has anyone seen this before? I wanted to reload the boxes next to see what happens. Will post the results here when that's done.

1 Reply 1

ktran-anet
Level 1
Level 1

Reboot seems to fix the problem. No more complaints for 2 days now.