cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible to add fields in Finesse Gadget?

jeremypng
Level 4
Level 4

I was able to use the Java SDK and extend the Cisco.base.customer fieldset. However, I cannot see that field in the Finesse Gadget. Is it possible to update the fields the Gadget displays and allows you to edit?

Thanks,

Jeremy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vchhabra
Level 5
Level 5

Jeremy,

Couple of things

1) Each object - POD, Request or Customer can have multiple fieldsets. The way you would define the fields of an object is by applying one or more fieldsets to an object. Each fieldset can have one or more fields.

Cisco has created base fields and fieldsets that are available for use, but you can also add additional fields and fieldsets to each object.

2) The gadget shows POD as Activity. This represents the interaction - a call, email, web event, etc. The gadget dynamically renders any field within the POD, you don't have to customize the gadget to show custom fields within an Activity (aka POD).

3) The customer panel in gadget currently shows customer base fields. We are working on a feature that will make the customer panel dynamic too. After that, any field in Customer object will also show up in the gadget. As per current plan, we should be able to roll this out in the next month or so. This feature will delivered via the cloud so you won't need any Finesse patch, just refresh browser. Feel free to check back with me (ask-context-service@cisco.com) on the status of this enhancement.

4) The search panel in the Finesse gadget searches all fields in the customer object, whether its visible is or not. Note, due to client side encryption, the search is exact match case insensitive.

Best,

Vikram

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ankparik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeremy,

Currently for customer object in Context Gadget only displays fields available in base fieldset. I'll forward this query to Product Owner. He will reach out to you for further information.

Thank you

Ankit

Well it would be really nice for work and phone to be searchable from Finesse. Since this wasn't included I added it to the field set but cannot view it in Finesse. Thanks

Jermey,

If you are speaking of work phone and home phone for customer record, those fields are already searchable. Search in Context Service is exact match. Please refer to Context Service Gadget: Search Customer Record | Cisco Cloud Collaboration Help Central for more information on Search.

Thank you

Ankit

https://developer.cisco.com/site/context-service/documents/context-service-sdk-guide/index.gsp#fieldsets-and-fields

Context_Work_Phone are not included in the default fieldset and do not show up in Finesse. I added Context_Work_Phone through the Java SDK and added it to the fieldset, but there still is not a way to add it to Finesse that I can find.

Jeremy

vchhabra
Level 5
Level 5

Jeremy,

Couple of things

1) Each object - POD, Request or Customer can have multiple fieldsets. The way you would define the fields of an object is by applying one or more fieldsets to an object. Each fieldset can have one or more fields.

Cisco has created base fields and fieldsets that are available for use, but you can also add additional fields and fieldsets to each object.

2) The gadget shows POD as Activity. This represents the interaction - a call, email, web event, etc. The gadget dynamically renders any field within the POD, you don't have to customize the gadget to show custom fields within an Activity (aka POD).

3) The customer panel in gadget currently shows customer base fields. We are working on a feature that will make the customer panel dynamic too. After that, any field in Customer object will also show up in the gadget. As per current plan, we should be able to roll this out in the next month or so. This feature will delivered via the cloud so you won't need any Finesse patch, just refresh browser. Feel free to check back with me (ask-context-service@cisco.com) on the status of this enhancement.

4) The search panel in the Finesse gadget searches all fields in the customer object, whether its visible is or not. Note, due to client side encryption, the search is exact match case insensitive.

Best,

Vikram