Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems passing variables between scripts

goldbergj
Level 1
Level 1

hello all,

Fairly new to scripting and inherited quite a rats nest.

The issue i'm having is this:

I have a script that uses ANI to determine the country they called from and then sets a bunch of variables like prompts and a variable that says what line of business the call is for.  That all works fine.  Now they want new functionality with an option that calls another script that is for a new department to handle specific issues.  The script called in the subflow is strictly English (for now) and so i'm calling that same script via subflow for every language.   That is also working fine.

Here is the issue.  I need 2 variables that are initially collected in the first script to still be populated in CAD when the agent answers once called from the call flow.  I have created the same variables (with case sensitivity) in both scripts and will not have the ability to recollect or assign them statically in subflow b/c its only one subflow and the original call could be for one of 5 different business units.

So here is what is happening:

Call comes into SCRIPT1

Call Variables are grabbed for LineOfBusiness and Language

If caller hits a certain option, the subflow SCRIPT2 is called

Within SCRIPT 2, i have the same  Set Enterprise Call Info pulling the same variables that were originally collected in SCRIPT1

The result on CAD is a blank line.

If anyone can help me on this i would greatly appreciate it.  If i left anything out that you need to have it make more sense, i can definitely provide that as well.

Thanks in advance!

JG

1 Reply 1

goldbergj
Level 1
Level 1

I think i figured this out.

Thanks!

JG