cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telnet connection to ICM 11 - Is there some configuration needed?

chrisnock
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I wondered if someone could tell me if there is any configuration required to enable telnet on a ICM server with Administration and Data Server installed?.

I was hoping to be able to remotely connect via telnet and kick off diagnostic tools such as rttest etc which is mentioned in the UCCE/ICM documentation.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1. The link you are referring is outdated (year 2005). Screenshot there is from WindowsNT. 

On current versions TelnetServer feature is not enabled by default on Windows 2012. So to make it work you need to enable it first. 

2. ICM old-school tools are working fine by default. So you can use them after RDP/VMConsole to the ICM node. 

3. Port 23 mentioned in the guide under Network Management and Remote Administration. It will be used if TelnetServer enabled. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

ayankovs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can try enabling Telnet Server from Windows feature, although it's not secure, remote access through CLI will work. 

I haven't tested rttest and other icm CLI tools yet, but think they should work fine.  If you make it work, please update :) 

Hardik Kansara
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can you please also confirm which cisco document you are referring. please share that link.

Thanks & Regards,

Hardik B Kansara

Hi,

There is no Cisco documentation for that, it's Windows feature.  It was never tested and qualified for UCCE production use. 

Yes I know the telnet option you are looking for windows server.

Looks there is an options for old version not for latest versions. Are you already using in current version and what is the current version.

Found one link for reference.

https://studylib.net/doc/14465436/the-cisco-icm-rttest-utility-contents-document-id--20428

You can run the  rttest  utility in one of three ways:

-- From a command prompt directly on one of the Cisco ICM Call Router nodes.

-- From a Telnet session into one of the Cisco ICM Call Router nodes
-- From a command prompt using pcAnywhere to one of the Cisco ICM Call Router nodes

Thanks & Regards,

Hardik B Kansara

1. The link you are referring is outdated (year 2005). Screenshot there is from WindowsNT. 

On current versions TelnetServer feature is not enabled by default on Windows 2012. So to make it work you need to enable it first. 

2. ICM old-school tools are working fine by default. So you can use them after RDP/VMConsole to the ICM node. 

3. Port 23 mentioned in the guide under Network Management and Remote Administration. It will be used if TelnetServer enabled. 

Thanks all,

I went ahead and enabled the telnet service/feature on the windows OS and was able to connect/run the diagnostic tools like rttest just fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: