cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trigger Application Step - How to return to triggering script and have "successful" as result

RyanMeyers
Level 1
Level 1

I have a script that uses the Trigger Application step to trigger another script.  The triggered script runs properly and all variables are passed via Context.  Everything is working as expected, however, when the triggered script ends, the "Invalid" branch is taken.  How can I ensure the "Successful" branch is taken?  I have at the end of the triggered script "Set Contact Info" on the "--Triggering Contact--" to handled.  However, this does not make it take the successful branch.  Thank you for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RyanMeyers
Level 1
Level 1

In case anyone else is needing this information.  It was the fact that I had a "Set Contact Info" step in my triggered script and I was setting the "--Triggering Contact--" to handled.  As soon as I removed that step, the script now returns properly and goes down the Successful branch.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

RyanMeyers
Level 1
Level 1

In case anyone else is needing this information.  It was the fact that I had a "Set Contact Info" step in my triggered script and I was setting the "--Triggering Contact--" to handled.  As soon as I removed that step, the script now returns properly and goes down the Successful branch.

One word of caution: exception handling is unpredictable when the Trigger Application step is used Synchronously. For example, if you have an On Exception Goto step, it’s a dice roll whether it will be caught inside the triggering or triggered Application. Because of this, I only use the Trigger Application step Asynchronously for background tasks. Anything that needs to happen live on the call is a Subflow.

Jonathan,  Thank you for you warning.  I am catching exceptions, however, I am not using the On Exception Goto step.  So far, exception handling seems to be working properly.  My applications are somewhat large, and a subflow makes debugging very difficult.