Helpful
Replies

Ucce Fundamentals

himanshu87
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have some doubt about UCCE fundamentals:

1. What's the purpose of Private and public interfaces. I have came across some forums where the deployment is working without Private interfaces.

2. What is the difference between procmon and opctest commands. Both are executed on the PG.

3. What protocol are used between PG and ICM for communication.( Sorry if its a stupid question)

Thanks

Himanshu

1 Reply 1

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1 ) The private interfaces will be used for the private network (using a separate path) which carries traffic  for synchronization and  MDS.Public interfaces are used for public network which carries traffic between each side of the synchronized system and foreign systems.eg router to CVP etc.

2) You can use procmon to query information indirectly from the Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) of your site. The Cisco Intelligent Contact Management (ICM) processes that reside on the Peripheral Gateway (PG) allow you to:List agents, skills, services, increase tracing on ICM ,query ACD functons.

OPCTEST will give the current picture of which side node is active and which processes are running and their sync time so it basically health check of the system.

3) I believe for communication and synchronization only TCP is used as UDP is used for RTP.