Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX capabilities

Hi,

I am having CM7.1 & UCCX running in separate boxes. for UCCX i was having Standard licensing. i had some queries related to it .. if someone can help.

a)     As in standard licensing we cannot use HA so we are running a single box. so there is no redundancy. now is there any option wherein incase a call lands in gateway and CCX server is offline and call gets routed to some other hunt pilot or something.

b)     Also is there any requirement of RTD related responses with IPCC Enterprise or Express.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If UCCX is down, you can configre the CTI RP forward settings to point to a Hunt Pilot where the line group will contain the Agents.

For the RTD, normally the UCCX is put on the same LAN as the CUCM Cluster. With CUCM 7.x and onward, we support CTI over WAN and JTAPI over WAN (80 ms delay)> See CUCM SRDN for details.

Pierre.

thanks for your reply. but that would be a manual work when UCCX is down. are there anything which can be kept pre-configured so that this failover happens automatically.

Call --> voice gateway --> CTI RP --> UCCX offline --> Hunt Pilot ... something like this automatically.

Thanks.

sry, missed to add. i had another query. is there a way to play any kind of prompt "currently experiencing system problem" ... during UCCX offline. i am keen to understand if from CUCM MoH files we can play some prompts ... ? if that is possible then can we do it for each Route Point?

I don't think you can do that with MoH. You need IP/IVR capabilities to do that and your UCCX is down at that time !

What I described is the following

:

Call --> voice gateway --> CTI RP --> UCCX offline --> Hunt Pilot

In order to do so, you have to configure the CTI RP Forward No Answer External, Forward on CTI failure to point to the Hunt Pilot number.

thanks this helps.