Helpful
Replies

UCCX to generate calls on alerts

ipvoiipvoi
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

Has anyone ever tried or know if the following is possible with UCCX :

We have network monitoring tools that sometimes generates alerts at night.

We want it to be able to call some people on their GSM.

We've tried other packaged tools but were not very efficient.

Can we do that with a UCCX ?

Monitor some alert (what ever their form maybe, we can adapt) and on that information, call with a specific prompt.

UCCX would give the ability to control the number of calls and others things other tools wouldn't.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, yes, possible it is.
I have a similar kind of monitoring solution.
One more thing: this works with UCCX premium or IP IVR only, as HTTP triggers are used.
I have an application server, running a container of various scheduled processes. Each process has its own specific task and specific object, for instance, network reachability (using ping) of the CUCM Publisher or disk state (using SNMP Get) of the ICM AW server.
If a predefined threshold is reached, or simply put, a condition is evaluated to true, the process does a HTTP get request, triggering an UCCX application, with various parameters (like severity etc). The UCCX app then calls the engineer on duty (Place call), plays a message - and even writes a record into a database table whether the engineer picked it up, and the timestamp.
Good luck.
G.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, yes, possible it is.
I have a similar kind of monitoring solution.
One more thing: this works with UCCX premium or IP IVR only, as HTTP triggers are used.
I have an application server, running a container of various scheduled processes. Each process has its own specific task and specific object, for instance, network reachability (using ping) of the CUCM Publisher or disk state (using SNMP Get) of the ICM AW server.
If a predefined threshold is reached, or simply put, a condition is evaluated to true, the process does a HTTP get request, triggering an UCCX application, with various parameters (like severity etc). The UCCX app then calls the engineer on duty (Place call), plays a message - and even writes a record into a database table whether the engineer picked it up, and the timestamp.
Good luck.
G.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hello,

Thanks for the answer.

Can you please precise if the application server is a custom internal one or one available on the market ?

Best Regards

Hi,

you don't need anything special for issuing HTTP requests periodically. You can do that with Unix cron or the Windows Scheduler, by running something like curl or wget.

G.

Hello Sir,

Thanks for your answer.

Best Regards

Hello,

About your script, can you please explain if you manage this issue :

- you receive an alert and the exeternal person is called.

- I guess you check that it's a human and not an answering machine.

- You write the entry in the database and all.

Does this engineer on duty receive calls every time. If the alerts comes and comes again, even with the various thresholds, does he have to answer tha calls ?

Is there a way to deactivate the calls for this precise alert throught  the scripts ?

Regards