Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCx: Triggered Applications and Default Scripts

julien.laffitte
Level 1
Level 1

Hello UCCx Guys,

I have deployed a management IVR on my customer environment and it works pretty well: its main objective is to update opening/closing hours stored in UCCx DB (XML files) to give more autonomy to our customer instead of constantly opening update requests through our support line.

Its construction is quite simple: from a main script/application, update/read features are called through the "Trigger Application" Step, which provides:

• Reusability/modularity of the developped scripts,
  • A way to debug the child scripts,
  • A bypass to the "max number of executed steps" limitation that occurs with a single script or subscripts calls.

I have also implemented an authentication mecanism to prevent unauthorized users from connecting to the IVR, once again using a Triggered Application. This feature uses an XML file to store a list of sites and corresponding administrators that are able to update information.

As the XML file is quite large, a lot of steps are executed through loops: so I tried to reuse Anthony's solution to the steps limitation problem (Catching 1000 Steps exceeded exception), which I have successfully used in the past and that leverages the default script feature of UCCx applications.

That's when the problem occurs: in this triggered application, when the max number of steps is exceeded the default script is never executed and the script loops to the beginning. So if the XML file is too large, I am stuck at the authentication mecanism.

The easy answer would be to increase the maximum number of executed steps on the UCCx server. That's certainly what I will do, but first I would like to understand why the default script is never executed: I suspect that this is due to the lack of trigger on this triggered application, but I do not understand exactly what is happening.

Someone with a little insight here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Julien

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I've not really used the default script thing much.

However I would suggest that the size of your XML file shouldn't really cause an increase in step count. The whole point of XML is that it can be easily parsed into a model and then searched... so for example if you have a call from site X and identify administrator Y, and need to search the XML for it.. you should be able to come up with some concise xpath to grab the piece of data you need.

Personally in my mgmt scripts, I just use a monolithic script, minimise step usage and bump the step count.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron for your answer, you set me on the right track!

By using XPath I can now retrieve the values with a single step instead of a complex loop of multiple steps... great :)

I still wonder why exactly triggered applications & default scripts cannot work together though...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: