cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Mail Box for a Call Center?

dolah
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having some issues where messages for my call center are going to the wrong mailbox. I'm not sure if we have this set up correctly. Any assistance would be appreciated.

I have a CTI Route Point of x 2288 (matches trigger in IPCC)

I have two Unity voice mail boxes 2288 and 2287.

Currently when someone calls in for tech support, they get either the Technical Support CSQ or AutoAttendant CSQ (both are in IPCC). when the caller needs to leave a message, the call flow was designed to go to 2287, since 2288 was a Unity pointer to the CTI Route Point. Can I have a voice mail box configured for 2288 and remove the 2287 from the script? (Its a parameter so it's easy to change). I'm just not sure if changing this will place the call in a loop... voice mail point to CTI route point... which sends them to IPCC.... to leave a voice mail they are transferred to 2288... which sends them to CTI route point...

How does it know to take a message, instead of forward to CallManager?

Is there an easier or best way to create a voice mailbox for a Call Center?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Normally the voicemail box should be different than the CTI RP DN.

So, I belive your setup might be correct.

If your CTI RP pointing to CRS is 2288, within the sript you point to a voicemail box DN, if it would be the same then you would need to make sure that the CTI port does not have access to the 2288 CTI Route Point, only to parition assigned to CTI route point poinitng to VM. I would recommand leaving the voicemail box as 2287 so this way you dont have to worry about the possible loop.

What was your reason for changing the voicemail box?

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure what you mean by "2288 was a Unity pointer to the CTI Route Point". is it configured on Unity as a call handler?

What is your call flow? Call comes in to CCM->Unity->CCM->IPCC or CCM->IPCC?

If the second one then I am not sure what you really use the 2288 is?

Chris

At one point, we had Unity handling our AutoAttendant. Unity needed to be aware that 2288 was a valid DN; therefore we created a voice mail box for the CTI route point that transferred all calls to extension 2288.

Call flow could be two ways:

CCM -> IPCC

I believe, now that we have IPCC handling the AutoAttendant, that Unity is now out of the picture during the beginning phase of the call.

Maybe the question I should ask is ...

Is there a "best practice" for setting up a Call Center voice mail box?

Normally the voicemail box should be different than the CTI RP DN.

So, I belive your setup might be correct.

If your CTI RP pointing to CRS is 2288, within the sript you point to a voicemail box DN, if it would be the same then you would need to make sure that the CTI port does not have access to the 2288 CTI Route Point, only to parition assigned to CTI route point poinitng to VM. I would recommand leaving the voicemail box as 2287 so this way you dont have to worry about the possible loop.

What was your reason for changing the voicemail box?

Chris

I was getting voice mail in the mailbox that no one was checking. However, I haven't received any voice mail in this mailbox since we moved AutoAttendant over to IPCC. We also made changes to our AutoAttendant so that it was more streamlined and easier to use.

I agree, I think I may be able to get rid of the 2288 mailbox, since IPCC and CCM know what to do with that call and Unity no longer needs to know how to get to the CTI Route Point. At this time, I don't believe any callers to our call center should be coming from Unity.

I wish there was a way to disable a mailbox, before I completely get rid of it.

Thanks for your help.