cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change of Ownership

Twitch0331
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to the Crew - we have two used 4331 routers that we acquired from our parent company. I do not know the history of how they came to own them, and no one there recalls that information, either, but we have them now and want to add them to a Smartnet contract under our company name.

The problem, however, is they are both still under active Smartnet contracts that are owned by the original (ie: not our parent company) owners, and we cannot transfer them to our Smartnet contract until we get a change of ownership with the original owners.

Our reseller has told me that Cisco can provide the contact information for the previous owners so I can reach out to them, but I don't know who or which department within Cisco to contact for that information. It doesn't seem like something that the TAC would help me with, and they would probably ask for our contract number before offering any help to begin with, which puts us in a Catch-22, I need the contact info to get the Smartnet contract, but without the Smartnet contract I can't get the contact info. I also find it strange that Cisco would give out private contact information for a customer, but perhaps in this circumstance they will.

Any ideas about which department within Cisco to reach-out to? We can't be the first company to come across this situation.

Thanks!!

Twitch

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have a cisco partner, give the Serial Number they can help you, or check the Sr no  https://cway.cisco.com/sncheck/

I do know that if 2 companies merge, Cisco needs to transfer the ownership to the new company, you can talk to the License team i believe they sort of you have paperwork.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: