Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I change IP of APIC-EM

I have installed APIC-EM 1.2. Now I want to change the IP address of this server ? What is the procedure for this

I hope I can do this without re-installation

Regards

Rasika

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rnaggi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As far as i remember , You will have to run the config_wizard from the cli of the APIC-EM cluster.

Steps:

1. SSH using grapevine user to APIC-EM

2. Run ./Config_wizard

Note: I will let others comment too. Meanwhile i will try to find the answer

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

rnaggi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As far as i remember , You will have to run the config_wizard from the cli of the APIC-EM cluster.

Steps:

1. SSH using grapevine user to APIC-EM

2. Run ./Config_wizard

Note: I will let others comment too. Meanwhile i will try to find the answer

Hi Rohan,

Thanks for your response.

I am getting the following error when I run config_wizard as the grapevine user. I have also tried running the command as root, but the command is not found.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/cisco/grapevine/bin/grapevine_config_wizard_lxc", line 9, in <module>

load_entry_point('grapevine-config-wizard==1.2.0.11539.dev555-g6906b29', 'console_scripts', 'grapevine_config_wizard_lxc')()

File "/opt/cisco/grapevine/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/grapevine_config_wizard/appliance/ConfigWizard.py", line 95, in main_func

context = GrapevineContext(responses)

File "/opt/cisco/grapevine/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/grapevine_config_wizard/appliance/GrapevineContext.py", line 335, in __init__

self._init_curses()

File "/opt/cisco/grapevine/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/grapevine_config_wizard/appliance/GrapevineContext.py", line 886, in _init_curses

curses.init_pair(Colors.WHITE_ON_BLUE, curses.COLOR_WHITE, curses.COLOR_BLUE)

_curses.error: init_pair() returned ERR

(grapevine)

[Mon Jul 04 07:02:13 UTC] grapevine@10.128.*.* (grapevine-root-1) ~

Pls let me know if you found exact procedure

Regards

Rasika

how are you running this?  from an SSH session, or from VM console?

SSH to APIC-EM as grapevine user.

Not via VM console (tried that too, but did not work, even that command did not run via console)

Rasika

Hi All,

I found out the above error occurred only on SecureCRT. When I used Putty everything worked normally.

Thanks for the help

Regards

Rasika

great news.  It looks like an issue with the terminal emulation.

Thanks for the update

BTW, what terminal emulation are you using for SecureCRT?  xterm?

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Adding comments to Rohan's Reply As you are planning to change the host ip address for APIC-EM  you need to first ensure that the DNS and NTP servers are reachable before you run the configuration wizard and whenever a Cisco APIC-EM host reboots in the deployment. Also If the external IP address changes for your controller for any reason, then you need to re-import a new certificate with the changed or new IP address.

Please refer the deployment guide for more details.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/application-policy-infrastructure-controller-enterprise-module/1-2-x/deploy-guide/b_apic_em_deploy_guide_v_1-2-x.html

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese