cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3850-12XS-S as a "regular" switch

Kevin Hamilton
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3850-12XS-S that I was going to deploy as a "regular" switch, aggregating 1GE and 10GE connections.  I fired it up for the first time and I noticed that it is actually a "Mobility/Wireless" switch.  Can I still use it as a data center switch?

Thanks,

Kevin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

WS-C3850-12XS  - 12 port 1/10GB Port, some IOS XE has feature to working Mobility controller - Generally it is normal switch.

This is normallly use in enterpirse LAN, when you mention as  DC Envrioment what kind of traffic, this can act as Server Switch too, depends on how big is this DC enviroment, for Some small organisation their server also connectedto 3850 Switches for small size DC

Cisco has Main DC environemnet switches focused for Server environment, Models are Nexus based.

You need to be aware what kind of environment you deploying this switch.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

WS-C3850-12XS  - 12 port 1/10GB Port, some IOS XE has feature to working Mobility controller - Generally it is normal switch.

This is normallly use in enterpirse LAN, when you mention as  DC Envrioment what kind of traffic, this can act as Server Switch too, depends on how big is this DC enviroment, for Some small organisation their server also connectedto 3850 Switches for small size DC

Cisco has Main DC environemnet switches focused for Server environment, Models are Nexus based.

You need to be aware what kind of environment you deploying this switch.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for your response.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card