Views
Helpful
Replies

A Question about N9K-C92348GCX

Peyman Zadmehr
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi friends,

I have a stupid question about N9K-C92348GC-X. As I know, this switch has 48x1GE + 4x10/25G SFP+  and 2x40/100GE QSFP28 ports. The question here is can I use all the ports without any limitations? Will be any decrement in the capacity of the switch? Specifically 2x10GE and 2x25GE interfaces. As far as I know, this switch provides 696Gbps throughput, so this means 48x1GE+ 4x25GE+ 2x100GE. there must not be any issue. Do you think this assumption is correct?

Cheer

Peyman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lebowski1991
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Peyman,

Switch bandwidth is calculated as 696Gbps because it's actually 2x ( 48x1GE+ 4x25GE+ 2x100GE ) as we calculate both input and output rate.
Could you please clarify what do you mean by "use all the ports without any limitations" ?

I'll try and be a bit more proactive here and say : 
If you are referring to using all ports at full capacity ( using up complete bandwidth ) that's theoretically correct, you there will be nothing limiting you from using up all ports at full capacity if we consider that streams are forwarded in a way that do not cause bottlenecking.

Example of a bottle neck would be if we had 29 X 1 gig ports sending 1 Gig of traffic continuously to a destination behind 25 Gig port. This would cause some traffic to be dropped and degradation of the service. 

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Lebowski1991
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Peyman,

Switch bandwidth is calculated as 696Gbps because it's actually 2x ( 48x1GE+ 4x25GE+ 2x100GE ) as we calculate both input and output rate.
Could you please clarify what do you mean by "use all the ports without any limitations" ?

I'll try and be a bit more proactive here and say : 
If you are referring to using all ports at full capacity ( using up complete bandwidth ) that's theoretically correct, you there will be nothing limiting you from using up all ports at full capacity if we consider that streams are forwarded in a way that do not cause bottlenecking.

Example of a bottle neck would be if we had 29 X 1 gig ports sending 1 Gig of traffic continuously to a destination behind 25 Gig port. This would cause some traffic to be dropped and degradation of the service. 

I hope this helps.

Dear Lebowski1991

Thank you for the clarification..