I need to minimum downtime for upgrade

Can I move nexus one by one by use  N9K-9372TX peer with N9K-93108TX-FX3P

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @patiphan-OH 

No, you cannot mix different generations of Nexus switches into the same VPC domain.

Take care,

Sergiu

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @patiphan-OH 

No, you cannot mix different generations of Nexus switches into the same VPC domain.

Take care,

Sergiu

Christopher Hart
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello!

@Sergiu.Daniluk is absolutely correct here - both Nexus switches that form a vPC domain must be of the same generation. Furthermore, Cisco only supports a vPC domain where both Nexus switches are the exact same model. This is called out under the "Guidelines and Limitations" heading of the "Configuring vPCs" chapter in the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series NX-OS Interfaces Configuration Guide document:

"When forming a vPC domain between two Cisco Nexus 9300 Series switches, both switches must be the exact same model to form a supported vPC domain. When forming a vPC domain between two Cisco Nexus 9500 Series switches, both switches must consist of the same models of line cards, fabric modules, supervisor modules, and system controllers inserted in the same slots of the chassis to form a supported vPC domain."

I hope this is helpful - thank you!

-Christopher

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: