cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configuration of interfaces for vzen clusters

FRANK SCHADE
Level 1
Level 1

we have difficulties to run a vzen cluster and Zscaler support is not able to advise the setup on nexus 1000v

They just provide how to setup a standard vSwitch which is:

• The Promiscuous mode option must be enabled (i.e., set to Accept) on the vSphere switch (vSwitch). Zscaler load balancers and ZENs use the Common Address Redundancy Protocol (CARP) to process traffic across multiple ZEN instances. In order to support this, enabling promiscuous mode on your VZEN interfaces are required.
  • The MAC address changes option must be enabled
  • The Forged transmits option must be enabled
  • If multiple physical ports exist on the same vSwitch, then the Net.ReversePathFwdCheckPromisc option must be enabled (i.e., set to 1). If it is not, then multicast traffic will loop back to the host, causing CARP not to function properly, and "link states coalesced" messages to be sent.

Now I'm wondering how to configure this on a Nexus 1000v. The only thing I found was to disable loop-detection for CARP.

Has anyone experience here?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: