Views
Helpful
Replies

Does SFP-10G-T-X is supported in Cisco Nexus5548UP for 10G Conenction

kpandi123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

we need to add 10G Connections from the Servers(Cisco HyperFlex) to the Switch(Nexus 5548); we need any of yours expertise here as the connected(About to) server only have Embedded RJ45 Port which can support 10G

That SFP-10G-T-X can be used with Cat6a cable to support 10G Capacity connection, could anyone have this environment and does that work, apologies I am not seeing any in Cisco Portal
1 Reply 1

Christopher Hart
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello!

Cisco's Optics-to-Device Compatibility Matrix is the single source of truth as to whether a specific model of transceiver is supported on a Cisco product. When filtering the matrix on the N5K-C5548UP switch, we can see that the SFP-10G-T-X transceiver does not appear in the list of supported transceivers. Therefore, the SFP-10G-T-X transceiver is not supported on the N5K-C5548UP switch.

Given the age of Nexus 5500 series switches and the fact that they have been End-of-Sale for over four years at this point, it is highly unlikely that support for the SFP-10G-T-X transceiver will be introduced on this switch in a future NX-OS software release. If you need a Nexus switch that supports this transceiver for your use case, I highly recommend getting in touch with your Cisco account team or relevant partner for next steps.

I hope this helps - thank you!

-Christopher