Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual DCI Switching Loop, Nexus 9K using vPC

mmcfarland727
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We currently have 2 Data Centers that are connected via a 10GB Point-to-Point connection. We have recently acquired a secondary 1GB Point-to-Point connection for redundnacy. Data Centre (A) has 2 Nexus 9K switches that are connected in a VPC. Data Centre (B) has 1 9K Nexus. The Primary VPC switch connects to the 9K at Data Centre B via the 10GB P2P connection.

The new P2P connection with a different ISP is connected to our Infrastructure at both Data Centers via a SP managed Alcatel Switch. When I connected the new P2P to the infrastructure this caused a loop in the network. We use MST for STP, and i assumed that STP would block the new P2P link and service would resume as normal. Within the nexus logs the EIGRP neighbourship address was being advertised between Data Centres via both 'active' P2P links.

The config on the interfaces that connect to the SP switch are configured as trunk ports. Should the STP config be

#spanning tree port type 'Normal or Network'

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction into why STP hasnt blocked the new DCI connection?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Replies 0