Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual-stage configuration mode in Nexus 92348GC-X Switch

ssajiby2k
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have updated one Nexus 92348GC-X Switch to version 10.3.4a.

I was hoping I can use the "configuration dual-stage" mode after the upgrade.

But - when I type "configuration dual-stage" from execution mode, I getting this message -

"command supported in dual-stage mode" and the switch remains in execution mode.

Does Cisco limits this dual-stage mode only for certain models of Nexus switches only?

Or am I doing something wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dawei
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The dual-stage configuration depends on DME support. However, N9K-C92348GC-X does not support DME in version 10.3.4a. You can upgrade to either version 10.4(3) or 10.5(1), and it should be supported.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jpiperat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Per the NX-OS feature support matrix, two-stage is supported on the model in question in v. 10.1(2) and later, https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/Website/datacenter/platform/platform.html.

Can you attach a screenshot?

Regards,

Joe

ssajiby2k
Level 1
Level 1

Here comes the screenshot. The switch refuses to go to two-stage mode -

Dawei
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The dual-stage configuration depends on DME support. However, N9K-C92348GC-X does not support DME in version 10.3.4a. You can upgrade to either version 10.4(3) or 10.5(1), and it should be supported.

ssajiby2k
Level 1
Level 1

Many thanks for a quick resolution. I didn't know that dual-stage is based on dme and different model got dme in different version. Even Cisco product support matrix is not updated correctly. Now verified this works with ver 10.5.1. 

Thank you for your feedback. I have collaborated with the doc team to include this limit in the configuration guide:

• N9K-C92348GC-X supports two-stage configuration commit from Cisco NX-OS Release 10.4(3)F.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/105x/config-guides/cisco-nexus-9000-series-nx-os-system-management-configuration-guide-release-105x/m-two-stage-configuration-commit.html#concept_g4r_y3x_z4b

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card