cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EVPN Multi-Site and "Dual RD" Support

mmelbourne
Level 5
Level 5

In NX-OS 9.3(5) a new EVPM Multi-Site feature, "Dual RD" support was added, and enabled by default. Is there any explanation as to how the feature operates, what problem it solves, and whether it affects the configuration of <9.3(5) BGWs?

The documentation I have found is what's here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/93x/vxlan/configuration/guide/b-cisco-nexus-9000-series-nx-os-vxlan-configuration-guide-93x/b-cisco-nexus-9000-series-nx-os-vxlan-configuration-guide-93x_chapter_01001.html

Does the RT rewrite still work in the same way between sites (eBGP peers), given the following extract:

"In the BGP control plane for releases prior to Cisco NX-OS Release 9.3(5), BGP sessions between the BGWs rewrite the next hop information of EVPN routes and reoriginate them. Beginning with Cisco NX-OS Release 9.3(5), reorigination is always enabled (with either single or dual route distinguishers), and rewrite is not performed."

1 Reply 1

mikael eriksson
Level 7
Level 7

I would also like more information about the dual RD functionality and what the upside of using is. Hopefully you have found some otherwise i will keep digging

Thanks! 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card