cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to get card domain - returned error 1

daryn10
Level 1
Level 1

I installed the VEM on one of my esx servers and for some reason it's not working on this esx box, it works fine on two other servers.

When I do vem status it returns a blank message, doesn't error out, just a blank return.

When I do a vem start I get this error:

I get the same error when I do a vemcmd show vlan or show version.

When I do a vemcmd show card I get this error:

Mon May  3 10:58:06 2010: sf_card_dmp: card API is not working

I've uninstalled the VEM and reinstalled and still get the same thing.

I'm using the latest SV1.3 release; SV1.2 was on this host but was uninstalled before I installed SV1.3, and like I said I did the same thing on my other two

esx hosts and they work fine.

Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

lwatta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It might be a resource issue on the ESX box. Could you reboot the ESX server and see if that allows the VEM module to actually start?

louis

That worked, thanks.  I hate to have to do a reboot, but it worked.  Does the VEM work off the console memory?  I hadn't bumped mine up to the recommended 800MB so I'm wondering if that might have been a problem.

Yes I believe we do allocate from the console memory. Most likely there was not enough free memory to allow the VEM modules to start.

Glad you got it working.

louis

If you wouldn't mind, keep us posted on any funny business you run into with this version of code.

I know there are at least several of us here waiting patiently to deploy this code into production.