Views
Helpful
Replies

How to install Cisco DNA-C?

eeebbunee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Recently, our company purchased many Cisco appliances and replaced old to new.

Whenever I purchase Cisco switches, I am paying appliance fee + SmartNet + Cisco DNA essential (license).

I had no idea what Cisco 'DNA' is, but after searching, I got some information about Cisco DNA-C.

It looks like a cloud tool to managing all of Cisco fabrics (switch , AP , controller..) and can see the analysis report.

I thought I can enjoy the DNA-C because I paid fee when I bought the appliance, but turns out that it requires 'ANOTHER' appliance. 

In other words, without Suuuuper expensive the appliance, I can't use DNA-Center.

(Please correct me if I wrong)

Can you explain why would I pay DNA essential fee, and what is difference between DNA-Center and DNA essential?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

DNA essencital is a type of licensing cisco currently use considering that all is moving toward fabric. But, I dont believe you can do anything about it. 

DNAC is a cisco solucion design to orquestrate fabric devices. It is only physical appliances for now and Yes, expensive. 

But it is the future for cisco enterprise and brings tons of advantages. 

With cisco DNAC and fabric swithes you can manage your whole network from one interface, all switches will run the same code and you can upgrade with 2 clicks 

Among many others things.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi

DNA essencital is a type of licensing cisco currently use considering that all is moving toward fabric. But, I dont believe you can do anything about it. 

DNAC is a cisco solucion design to orquestrate fabric devices. It is only physical appliances for now and Yes, expensive. 

But it is the future for cisco enterprise and brings tons of advantages. 

With cisco DNAC and fabric swithes you can manage your whole network from one interface, all switches will run the same code and you can upgrade with 2 clicks 

Among many others things.

Thank you for your response.