cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to know the feature differences of vSphere 5.1 DVS and 1000V?

We currently have the Nexus 1000V deployed with 10 Pairs of VSM's in two data centers 5 sets in each. The team that supports the vCenter has returned from a few classes and is now convinced that vSphere DVS is a direction they want to go and move away from our current environment. They have asked me to look at the feature differences between using vSphere DVS and the 1000V. Is there a current document that shows these differences in vSphere 5.1 DVS and N1kv? Or could you provide a list of the feature differences between the two environments? Any supporting infromation that I can supply the team will be greatly appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Thanks for this link but it is the one I have already for vSphere 5.0 there seems to be some new features in vSphere 5.1 that are closer to the Cisco Nexus 1000v.

Has there been any documents created to compare the 1000v to 5.1 as of yet..? The only docs I can find are compared to 5.0...  Thanks.. VMWare DVS & VSheild Edge is making a strong push to displace the 1000v and VSG.. Right now as a VMWare partner you can get all of their feature with vCD for DVS and vShield Edge for free.. and to get the 1000v with VSG it still costs? Need to see what the advantages are from Cisco Technical docs on 1000v and VSG over DVS and vShield..

Thanks,

Don

Is there a comparison with vsphere 5.5 ?

When transmit/receive for bandwitdth limit are compared , on N1000v I mean policing , on vmware switch is it policing or shaping?

Vmware documentation refers to it as a shaping, but is it really a shaping? , with a queue to manage the congestion, or with a pure drop..?

thanks

Federica