Data Center Switches

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

Hi all,We need to move our VC SQL Database from Express 2005 to SQL 2008 Entreprise. I have found the following KB on VMware to do the migration : http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1028601I ...

We have 8 ESXi servers in a cluster and only 1 VSM managing all of the VEM's in the same cluster. I need to shut down the VSM and restart it in order to clear an ESXi issue with storage. Shutting down the VSM is the only option for this procedure, a ...

wayneoak1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I never really paid attention to the overdraft licenses until today, when I installed a license that actually does not cover all the VEMs. The display still shows, all VEMs are licensed by using 2 overdraft licenses, which obviously are part of the l...

Ben_Krem by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a simple lab environment running VMware vSphere 5.1.0 with two ESXi hosts, a Nexus 1000V 4.2(1)SV2(1.1a), and 2 VMs running Centos5.    All of this is running as a vApp within vCloud.I have a question about mac address learning on the N1000...

cmelter by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am getting the following error while adding a host into 1000v as shown below(vim.fault.PlatformConfigFault)exceptionI am running Vcentre, 1000v as well as esxi 5.1 in evaluation mode. The server is 1950 dell with standard netwrk card.Can any one he...

ppatki by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Hi,I must connect a Netapp Filer with FC and UCS with FcoE on the same Nexus 5548UP, to communicate between the Netapp and UCS over N5k!Topology: Netapp-> FC -> N5k <-FCoE<-UCS Is this a supported design and how to configure it?Thanks to all

b.lang by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am trying to use the nexus1000v with VXLAN as part of a vCloud Director setup, when i come to use the network pool for a VM i receive the following error on the 1000v switch.2013 Mar 25 14:47:17.720 blob %NSMGR-3-NETWORK_CREATE_FAILED: Network '...

I am a newbie with the 1000V switch, and have a question regarding an odd behavior I see...With a physical switch, I can get the mac address of the host I'm trying to locate ('show ip arp' on the gateway router/switch) and then do a 'show mac address...

Hello! Installing orchestration software on top of our new Vblock 700 and looking to add vlan1000-2000 for orchestration LAN deployment on Vdc's. With this would need seperate port profiles for each vlan.  I can't seem to find anywhere or method to a...

All,There are a lot of posts on here, so apologies if this has been asked. Our environemnt is growing rapidly, and with the limitation of 2000 vETH ports on the 1kv, I'm looking for solutions for properly deploying another instance of the 1kv within ...